Q: During the winter months, how can I maintain my golf swing?
A: You don’t need hit a golf ball to improve your swing!
- Make practice swings with or without a golf club indoors. Keep muscles stretched and ready for spring
- Work with a mirror indoor to check grip, ball position and posture. For better posture, bend by pushing your hips back
- Practice putting on smooth carpet, work on 3-5 footers, lay a drinking cup on its side to act as a hole
- Basic stretches:
- Bend at the hips and touch your toes
- Get in a golf setup, hold a club behind your shoulders and turn your shoulders in both directions
Q: Is it important to create a goal for the upcoming season?
A: Yes! Creating a goal forces a player to create a roadmap to success.Golf is a game where you get out of it what you put into it. Steps to creating your goal:
- Evaluate your overall game to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Do your practice habits focus on your strengths or weaknesses? Focus on the weak points to gain the most improvement
- Seek drills/games that will help your weakness
- Schedule practice time. Make an appointment with yourself.
- Evaluate improvement based on drill and course results